Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chick update

Hey - Remember the hatching eggs I got in April/May and seven of them hatched out?
Well, here is the group now. We are down to one bantam hen raising the group of 7, "Mother Hubbard" as she is affectionatly know as around here.  She is managing the small flock of 7 chicks.
Today I let them out in the field for some fresh grass time.  I may have one or two roosters, perhaps they all are pullets, but the little one may be a Bantam henX as I had two of Peep's eggs setting as well. -
I've named it Motley,
and you can tell why.

 Have a great day, and thanks for checking in!
Barb



Mother Hubbard and her two chicks (the eggs she hatched out)

Mother Hubbard keeping watch.

I think this guy may be a Roo. He's from Peep's hatch.

This is the rest of Peep's chicks - I think they may be pullets

Yummmmm enjoying that nice grass gone to seed.

Roo baby?



Little Motley.

No comments:

Post a Comment