Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Crisp Morning

Well, as promised I was going to explain my re-learning camera comment. Before summer of 2011 I had been using a wonderful point a shoot camera (Panasonic Lumix with Leica lens)  and it is a wonderful little device, perfect for pocket fitting and creative photo taking. The problem with the point and shoot was that I became very limited with what I could do with it. Then in summer of 2011 my DH (dear husband) bought me a Canon Rebel T3i - and I am loving it!

The problem lies with the fact that a completely automatic camera has all the proper 'settings' which I used for about three years, but was really never satisfied and I also found I was using these settings and not exploring the camera and doing so much more that I could do. So while surfing around Pintrest one day, I found a few really great sites that taught me more about my camera.  I decide to re-learn my camera by reading blogs, and websites on creative photo taking with DLSR cameras and actually force myself to learn this amazing camera.

One of the things I love so much about morning walks during winter is the crispness of the air, and the amazing beauty of the light when the sun is coming up. Thankfully I'm now having to get out the door a lot sooner (rather than later) for those early sunrise shots. Today during one of our (the dogs and I) walks I noticed now all the frost off the trees and branches in the forest are coming off and floating in the air, and I can feel this on my face when I look up.  It is truly an amazing feeling. Or the sound of a woodpecker banging away at a tree deep in the forest during a quiet snowfall. It is like time stands still.

Here are some of the shots I took in the past few days, as I have been posting "My February photos" on my Facebook page and a month long journey with my camera.
Frost on Maple seed pod

Brown's Gyp at Farm's Pride (13 years old)

My daughter Mary

Trees in the woods

old century Barn Hedley Dr. Ilderton, Ontario

Oak tree in middle of pasture

No comments:

Post a Comment