Thursday, March 29, 2012

Remembering

There is a group of individuals in the English Shepherd World that call themselves the "Crazy Dog Ladies" They know who they are, so I don't need to mention any names.  This was brought on by one person who sadly was taken from our group way to soon. Marcia King Brink was a member of the English Shepherd community and her death hit many of us very hard. In rememberance to Marcia, some of the "Crazy Dog Ladies" have dedicated their Iowa ES Gathering as a Memorial. As usual, I'm unable to make it this event. However I've decided to create something to donate towards the raffle table that will be set up there. This is the first card of six I will be making in honour of such a lovely woman.

Purple was Marcia's favorite colour, and we all miss her very much.

Be safe and give your friend a hug today.
Barbara

5 comments:

  1. Marcia was a wonderful person, and a pillar in the ES community, very dedicated to the breed. Her loss was a heartfelt tragedy to those who knew her, and even those who just knew of her.

    I lost my ES girl, Kieran, to cancer back in January. I would love to create some items to donate to the raffle in remembrance of Kieran and Marcia. Could you tell me when the Iowa gathering is taking place, and who I would send the items to?

    Thanks Barb,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always Barbara, your talent shines. This one is an exceptional bright light. Just beautiful. Like Marcia. Thanks for this expression of appreciation of a much missed member of the ES community. I have a feeling this will be fought over LOL! ~ a fellow CDL

      Delete
    2. Hi Lisa,
      Thanks for the lovely comments. You can get in touch with either Darlene Partlow, or Michele Collins they would be happy to hear from you.

      if you require contact information (e-mail) please Private Message me at jumpingbean@execulink.com.
      Gathering for the subject line.

      thanks again,
      Barb

      Delete
    3. Ladies Big CLD hugs to you both and lots of love from the very deepest part of my heart. Michele

      Delete
    4. Barbara, such a beautiful card. Wish you could come too. We'll think of you and have a dog treat in your honor ;-} A Bona Fido CDL. hugs tp

      Delete