Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I remember...

.....Hot dates in the Spring.


Brrrr,

               ..... its so cold and nasty outside today, and I don't want to spend even a moment outside.
 I'm going to spend my day indoors with a hot chocolate, scrapping, and organizing. 

One of the things my DH (Dear Husband) and I like to do once a month is go on a date.  Once a month (or when we feel like it) we take off on a Friday and  spend the day together in a small town in Southwestern Ontario. We go for coffee, shop, visit second hand stores and curiosity shops, book stores and go out for lunch. 

 One Spring day in St Thomas, we came across this little shop that was packed with all sorts of interesting items, 
Follow me on my trip down memory lane.....


This is the type of roller skates I used while growing up, they came with a key and they tightened onto the bottom of your running shoes.  I loved my skates, they didn't work too well on the bumpy stone covered road though.

The dishes are beautiful, but its the table top that reminds me of endless meals on our family's table.


These books were in the bookcase of the front hallway entrance of our home.

This glass set was only use  when my parents had company or a party. I was told they were won at a bowling tournament by my father.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment